Getting clean and tidy is part of your daily grooming. One important part of this regime is a body cleansing product you use. It can very well be bar soaps or non soap options like shower gel or body washes. The choice of using type of personal hygiene product differs from one individual to another, but here are some points that you should keep in mind before buying a body cleansing product.
1. Consider Your Skin Type
You are probably harming your skin if you don’t consider your skin type before buying soap or shower gels. Things like dryness, itches, rashes, allergies etc. after bath could be because of your skin type:
1. Sensitive skin is most prone to allergic bouts to new products, out of the five types. If you posses this skin, consider doing a skin patch test before using any product.
2. A dry skin would require a more moisture based product. This is because soap or shower gel along with water after bath sap moisture from the skin, leading to extreme discomfiture.
3. Similar is the case with oily and combination skin. You see choosing soaps according to skin type is extremely important because they are in use on daily basis.
2. Soap or Non Soap Options
The choice between non soap and soap can be tough, because each has its own benefits and you have your personal choices. But reflecting two comparatively will help you make better choices.
1.Bacteria and germs can spread more through soaps than liquid soaps because soaps involve a direct contact. This can lead to germs getting transferred.
2. Often the pH levels in soaps are higher in comparison to liquid soap. This is the reason why some soaps cause a tight, stretched and dry feeling.
3. Wastage is more for soaps than its liquid counterpart. The mushy and wet conditions dissolve soap quickly.
4. Soap is a more eco friendly option than liquid soap because of it packaging and preparations.
5. If you are traveling liquid soaps are more compact and handy than the bar soap.
3. Benefits For Skin and Hygiene
Any skin cleaning product should essentially benefit the skin and promote hygiene. Skin is exposed to numerous harsh effects which make it susceptible to damage. The ever lurking danger of pathogens, bacteria, wounds and sun damage make it extremely vulnerable. That is why another vital factor which should be considered before buying any skin cleaning product is how much care and hygiene it provides for skin. Some tips for same:-
1. Look at the ingredient base of product of your choice. Use Triclosan free soap and avoid products that have harsh chemicals like Petrochemical compounds and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
2. Does that product provide protection against germs and bacteria? You need ask yourself that. There are many soaps and shower gel to avoid skin infections available in market that provide adequate protection against pathogens without causing resistance
3. It advised to change regular products every 3 to 6 months.