Unlike other psoriasis on other parts of the body, this type of psoriasis is difficult to cover up. It’s especially embarrassing since it’s highly visible. It can spread from the forehead, ears and around the surrounding of the neck. It’s mostly uncomfortable and not only uncomfortable but also itchy. Scalp psoriasis is also a source of anxiety for persons suffering from psoriasis.
Even though treating psoriasis is a complex process and the treatment routine varies from one sufferer to another, psoriasis also has treatments since is a disease like any other. There are many conventional treatments for scalp psoriasis. The reaction of psoriasis patient may be different to various treatments. Although there is no current prescription cure for psoriasis, it’s treatment range from topical ointment to systematic body-range drugs. Most of the people due to the unwanted side effects brought about by conventional treatments opt to undertake natural remedies that are safe and effective.
The following are some of the topical treatment of scalp psoriasis.
- Oiling into the Scalp or moisturizing it. Some parts of the scalp tend to be scaly and very thick therefore use a thick cream and massage oil onto the affected area gently. Then cover the scalp area with plastic wrap allowing the applied oil to penetrate in the skin for about 30 minutes before rinsing. For this method of treatment, olive oil is the most appropriate or any other cream or oil that are emollient. Moisturizing the scalp prevent it from drying up which flare-up it symptoms.This moisturizing is the best home remedy in scalp treatment.
- Getting a daily dose of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acid greatly helps with psoriasis by reducing inflammation in the body. Get the daily dose of omega-3s from fresh source or in the in form of supplementation. For supplementary addition of omega-3 fatty acid, add plenty of flax seeds, walnut, salmon and soya beans to your diets. Also taking fish oil can help to in the supplementing of omega-3 fatty acids. Although both sources are helpful, fresh source of the fatty acid is more effective.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Necessarily, sugar is not bad for the body but excessive consumption can be highly inflammatory contributing to an overactive immune system. Therefore reducing your sugar intake may be more effective treatment than any other scalp psoriasis treatment.The other way is staying away from artificial sugar like aspartame because they also aggravate the psoriasis symptoms. For keeping your sugar cravings in check, u can use fruits instead.
- Tazorac Vitamin A has been used for decades to treat a number of skin problems from wrinkles to any other skin deformation. Even though helpful, consuming Vitamin A supplements on the other hand has some outcomes and sometimes fatal results or other health problems in some people. In order to effectively use the vitamin A without the negative side effects, synthetic topical forms were developed which are safe to use. After psoriasis symptoms are discovered, only one application of tazorac can prevent the flare up of its symptoms.
Other topical treatments of psoriasis are;
- Corticosteroids –they are excellent because they help to slow the rate at which the skin cells turnover as well as reduce skin inflammation.
- Coal tar and anthralin which is the oldest form of topical psoriasis treatment. Anthralin is used to prevent patches of psoriasis that is isolated.
The above are just but a few listed forms of topical treatment of psoriasis. Not only it being cheap and available, topical treatment of psoriasis is efficient and safe. Another safe and natural way to treat and avoid psoriasis is Revitol’s Dermasis